Rachael and Michaels wedding ceremony and reception where held at the lovely Willows Restaurant in St Kilda. Rachael’s beauty is only surpassed by her nature and personality, this is what I think drew Michael to Rachael after he got past her blue eyes.
Rachael and Michael used and recommend the below. (Comments from them)
- Photography: Dansk Photography was brilliant and Sean was so amazing and creative. He really made us feel so relaxed and excited about the day.
- Reception & Ceremony at Willows Restaurant. “It was very picturesque as it was autumn and the leaves were all starting to change colour and the willows was so green, it looked amazing in the photos”.
- Flowers by Style By Nature. “Karina did a wonderful job, she was so amazing that we basically left everything up to her! She has an eye for detail.”
- Dress: Mariana Hardwick “were very professional and they had such an attention to detail”
- Cake by French Lettuce in Carlton. They were really fantastic and we didn’t have to worry about picking up the cake as they delivered to the venue on the day. They also provided special dietary requirement servings for those who were gluten intolerant.
- Celebrant: We had Greg Evans as our celebrant ! He was so charismatic and had the guests laughing and crying at the same time!
Rachael & Michael’s story
We met at Half Moon Bay beach in Brighton and it was a very James Bond moment. The proposal took place in Daylesford after spending a lovely day at our favourite destination eating and drinking lovely food and wine. On the way back to Melbourne we stopped off at our block of land where we were building our house and dropped on one knee and proposed.
We really didn’t go into the wedding with a colour scheme as it is quite limiting, as it was a day wedding we wanted to use bright happy colours that you would only use in the autumn, for examples, greens, whites and fresh pink.
We had our ceremony and reception at the same place – The Willows on St Kilda Road. It was very picturesque as it was autumn and the leaves were all starting to change colour and the willows was so green, it looked amazing in the photos. We wanted an outdoor ceremony and didn’t’ want a lot of fuss going from venue to venue so The Willows made it very easy for us.